With the California 2018 primary election fast approaching on June 5th, we wanted to remind everyone to please get out there and vote! Voting is the single most effective way to support the issues you care about and to bring about positive change. As advocates for truly public education, we have reviewed the CTA (California Teachers Association) endorsements and believe they are recommending the candidates who will be the strongest supporters of California’s public schools:
- Superintendent of Public Instruction - Tony Thurmond
- Governor - Gavin Newsom
- Lieutenant Governor - Ed Hernandez
- Secretary of State - Alex Padilla
- State Controller - Betty T. Yee
- State Treasurer - Fiona Ma
- State Attorney General - Xavier Becerra
- State Insurance Commissioner - Ricardo Lara
- California State Senate - District 2 - Mike McGuire
We also really like what we are hearing from Dan Monte, who is running for State Assembly; He is a supporter of public education and hasn't taken a dime from the CCSA, unlike his competitor!
State Assembly 10th district – Dan Monte
Finally, but of critical importance to our community, be sure to vote YES ON MEASURE E. This continues the parcel tax for RVSD and makes up 17% of our district's budget. This money supports key programs for our children and none of it can be applied to legal fees being spent to defend our neighborhood public schools from RVC.
Thank you for supporting STAND. Go Public and Go VOTE!